Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac. Use the Mail app to send, receive, and manage email for all of your email accounts in one location. Simply add the accounts—such as iCloud, Exchange, Google, school, work, or other—you want to use in Mail. Step 3 of the Set up my Office 365 account series. Add your Office 365 email to Apple Mail. Then you can send and receive business emails from your Mac. Watch a short video of this task farther down the page. Open Apple Mail and select Mail (if this is your first time setting up Apple Mail, opening the application will start the process).; Select Add Account. How to Set Up Yahoo Email on Mac Mail. Authored by: Support.com Tech Pro Team. This Guided Path® was written and reviewed by Support.com’s Tech Pro team. With decades of experience, our Tech Pros are passionate about making technology work for you. We love feedback! Let us know what you think about this Guided Path® by rating it at the end. Hotmail supports access via IMAP, POP3 and SMTP protocols. Below you can find the configuration settings for those protocols. All Hotmail servers (POP3 and SMTP) use implicit SSL (use ConnectSSL method). SMTP server supports explicit SSL (you can use Connect method and then secure the channel using StartTLS method).
If you use Hotmail to send your email, you can configure GroupMailÂ to send your newsletters and other group emails through the Hotmail Live SMTP mail server.
Use the followingÂ Hotmail email settings within GroupMail:
1. Firstly add your user information, specifying how you wish to be identified to your recipients, your Hotmail email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. This will appear in the From field of your emails. Note that you can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear in brackets after your name.
2. Enter the Hotmail server address (smtp.live.com), select the “Requires Authentication” checkbox, then click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses according to your internet connection and requirements.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” box, keeping AUTH LOGIN as the default type. Then enter your full Hotmail email address and password. Click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from 25 to 587, and check the “Server requires an SSL connection” box. This will automatically change the incoming POP3 port from the 110 to 995. The custom domain should also be set as hotmail.com or live.com; whichever matches the domain of your email address. Click OK.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings when you are done. If there are any problems you can always go back to change any of these settings.
** Mail servers do make changes at times. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact Hotmail and ask them to confirm the Hotmail email settings that they want you to use.
How many emails can I send with the Hotmail outgoing SMTP mail server?
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email softwareTags: hot mail, hot mail email settings, hot mail settings, hot mail setup, hot mail smtp server, hotmail email server settings, Hotmail email settings, hotmail email setup, Hotmail live smtp mail server, hotmail setup, Hotmail smtp authentication, Hotmail SMTP mail server address, Hotmail smtp port number, live authenticaiton details, live email settings, live email setup, live port settings, live smtp mail server, outong mail server hotmail, setting up hot mail, settings for live email Comments are closed.Download
Hotmail supports access via IMAP, POP3 and SMTP protocols. Below you can find the configuration settings for those protocols.
All Hotmail servers (POP3 and SMTP) use implicit SSL (use ConnectSSL method).
SMTP server supports explicit SSL (you can use Connect method and then secure the channel using StartTLS method)
Port: 993 (default)
User: [email protected]
Port: 995 (default)
User: [email protected]
POP access must be turned on via web interface.
In the web interface click “gear icon” in the top, right corner, then select “Options”.
Depending on the UI version:
On the options pane click “Mail/Accounts/POP and IMAP”. In the “POP options” section select “Yes”.
On the options pane click “Connect devices and apps with POP” link. In the “POP” section mark “Enable”.
Port: 587 (default)
User: [email protected]
Following are the code samples for Mail.dll .NET IMAP, POP3 and SMTP component.
Tags: C#, Hotmail, IMAP, POP3, Settings, SMTP, VB.NET