Download Chrome for Mac. For Mac OS X 10.10 or later. This computer will no longer receive Google Chrome updates because Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9 are no longer supported. You can test Chrome builds or Chromium builds. Chrome builds have the most infrastructure for analyzing crashes and reporting bugs. They also auto-update as new releases occur, which makes them a good choice for most uses. Chrome Canary is available for Windows and Mac and autoupdates daily. Other channels (dev and beta) are available.
Chrome For Mac Os Download
Install Chrome Os On Mac
Getting Involved >
You can test Chrome builds or Chromium builds. Chrome builds have the most infrastructure for analyzing crashes and reporting bugs. They also auto-update as new releases occur, which makes them a good choice for most uses. Chrome Canary is available for Windows and Mac and autoupdates daily. Other channels (dev and beta) are available.
Chromium builds do not auto-update, and do not have symbols. This makes them most useful for checking whether a claimed fix actually works. Use the following instructions to find builds:
Easy Point and Click for latest build:
Open up https://download-chromium.appspot.com
Easy Script to download and run latest Linux build:
- Head to https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/
- Choose your platform: Mac, Win, Linux, ChromiumOS
- Pick the Chromium build number you'd like to use
- The latest one is mentioned in the
- Download the zip file containing Chromium
- There is a binary executable within to run
Please file bugs as appropriate.
Downloading old builds of Chrome / Chromium
Let's say you want a build of Chrome 44 for debugging purposes. Google does not offer old builds as they do not have up-to-date security fixes.
However, you can get a build of Chromium 44.x which should mostly match the stable release.
- Look in https://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Stable%20updates for the last time '44.' was mentioned.
- Loop up that version history ('44.0.2403.157') in the Position Lookup
- In this case it returns a base position of '330231'. This is the commit of where the 44 release was branched, back in May 2015.*
- Open the continuous builds archive
- Click through on your platform (Linux/Mac/Win)
- Paste '330231' into the filter field at the top and wait for all the results to XHR in.
- Eventually I get a perfect hit: https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?prefix=Mac/330231/
- Sometimes you may have to decrement the commit number until you find one.
- Download and run!
* As this build was made at 44 branch point, it does not have any commits merged in while in beta.
Typically that's OK, but if you need a true build of '44.0.2403.x' then you'll need to build Chromium from the 2403 branch. Some PortableApps/PortableChromium sites offer binaries like this, due to security concerns, the Chrome team does not recommend running them.